Phytopharmaceutical profile of Ficus thonningii : An updated Review
Ficus thonningii is a plant that is widely utilised in African ethnomedicine to cure a variety of ailments. a rational examination of F. thonningii's nutritional, phytochemical, and pharmacological characteristics in connection to its medicinal uses.Alkaloids, terpenoids, flavonoids, tannins, and active proteins are among the bioactive components found in Ficus thonningii, all of which contribute to its therapeutic qualities.Continue to discover, isolate, and quantify the active components, as well as establish the processes behind its curative powers.
2. Tegbe TSB, Adeyinka IA, Baye KD, Alawa JP (2006) Evaluation of feeding graded levels of dried and milled Ficus thonningii leaves on growth performance, carcass characteristics and organ of weaner rabbits. Pakistan J Nutr 5: 548-550.
3. Bamikole MA, Ikhatua UJ, Arigbede MO, Babayemi OJ, Etela I (2004) An evaluation of the acceptability as forage, of some nutritive nadantinutritive components of the dry matter degradation profiles of five species of Ficus. Trop Anim Health Prod 36: 157-167.
4. Ogunwade, I.A., Sonibare, M.A., Thangi, T.D., Dung, N.X., Soladaye, M. O. and Monohunfolu, O.O. (2008).Comparative analysis of the oils of three Ficus species from Nigeria. J. Essent Oil Res., 20
5. Ndukwe, I.G., Bello, A.I., Habila, J.D. and John, C. (2007). Phytochemical and antimicrobial screening of thecrude petroleum spirit and methanol extracts of the stem bark, leaves and roots of Ficus thonningii (Blume). Afr. J.Biotechnol., 16: 2645-2649.
6. Greenham, J.R., Grayer, R.J, Harbone, J.B. and Reynolds, V. (2007). Intra- and Interspeficic variations in vacuolar flavonoids among Ficus species from the Budongo forest, Uganda. Biochem. System Ecol., 35: 81-90.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.